Thursday, September 9, 2010

MKs Observed

So, tonight I got to eat dinner with a bunch of MKs who knew each other most of growing up years and now attend a boarding school together. Of course the conversation flowed with news of their parents in another country, of childhood memories, and just the depth of personality knowledge they have of each other.

As I listened and joined in some, it made me incredibly miss my own MK friends that I grew up with. Breni, Kel, Val, Eune, Johanna, the Fowlers, Mandy, Hannah, and many others who went in and out of my life in Turkey...Actually, tonight was just a manifestation of my sentimentality, because for some reason, I've been thinking about each of these now-young adults all throughout this week. There's a depth of connection with these people just because we spent childhood years together but because we got to be involved with such a kingdom-expanding work via our parents. And I love how MKs can immediately reconnect and include other MKs they never met, just because we have our own sub-culture that can't be put into words. It's just a special bond :)

So, any MK friends reading this, thank you for being in my life and I want you to know how dearly I remember my time with you and would give so much for all of us to be together in the same place again. But be ye all blessed as you grow into adult life and make new life-long friends.

photo.php.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment