Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Break in Ohio!

Well, here I am once again in Ohio with my good friend Laura. Let me tell you what a blessing she has been in my life since meeting her my very first minutes at Toccoa Falls. She has been such a source of joy, inspiration, challenge, comfort, and an adventure-partner. She came to visit my family in Turkey last winter before we went to Israel together.
Anyway, we came up here north to be with her family for our 4-day weekend and it has been filled with fall festivities. The weather has been nice in its chilly-ness and we have adored the variety of colors on all the oak and maple trees. Such rich colors in yellow, orange, brown, green, reds...all reflect the glory of God!! So I have been looking out for different shades of colors like I would be for sea shells and they've been getting flattened by a monstrous encyclopedia :)
So besides taking walks and collecting leaves, I have been sipping hot apple cider, reading, carving out a girly pumpkin, going out with Laura's older sister for coffee and biscotti, thrift shopping, and making Thai food. So good!

James 1:17
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lyd, I think you made a great decision. Denver is brimming with cool opportunities, and I know you won't be disappointed :) Who knows, you might even meet that special someone there ;)

    ReplyDelete