Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Arrival in Denver

Numbers 9: 17 Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, after that the children of Israel would journey; and in the place where the cloud settled, there the children of Israel would pitch their tents. 18 At the command of the LORD the children of Israel would journey, and at the command of the LORD they would camp; as long as the cloud stayed above the tabernacle they remained encamped.

I made it to Denver!!

I was sent off from Texas with jackets, warm clothes, interview clothes, and much much love and prayer. God has provided.
The flights through Phoenix were easy and though my carry-on got lost, they found it after a few hours and delivered it sometime in the night.

During my layover, however, I had some cool run-ins. I decided to sit with a lady at Burger King that looked my age and we ate together while talking about life. Eventually the subject turned to my parents' work in Turkey and a few minutes later, an older gentleman from the next table chimed in saying he couldn't help but overhear our conversation about Turkey. He pulled out a decent-size painting in a frame and told me he wanted my family to have it. It was a painting he had done of Jesus with a little Turkish village skyline and a lake in the background. We ended up being on the same flight and told me he had never met anyone from Turkey, but he had made the painting about a decade ago after having read about this village in an encyclopedia...

Now I'm in Denver and I'm in love. This place is absolutely stunning. Mountains, crisp air, sunshine, and where I'm staying has really captured my heart. It's like from a fairy-tale and everything I could ask for when staying somewhere. I've been so giddy and so excited about just being here and living in the moment of great significance for me. Few know the winded road that has brought me here. It's a dream come true just to be here for the present moment.

So, I'm working on phone calls, emails, and sending out resumes. I will even walk up and down the street asking for interviews. The 7 day count-down has begun.

Dios es fiel: God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment